1. Lack of CSP cloud expertise
2. Real-time nature of RAN workloads
3. Increased density
4. Distributed architecture management
5. Aggregated multi-vendor technologies
6. Varying infrastructure/security requirements
1. Consistent infrastructure from the core to the edge and RAN
2. Unified automation for holistic control
3. Purpose-built capabilities for RAN sites and workloads
4. AI-based subscriber-level analytics
5. Telco cloud expertise and certified vRAN partners for taster time-to-market
6. End-to-end system integration with partners
Disaggregating the RAN enables robust personalized services that proprietary RAN can’t enable, such as cloud gaming, VR streaming and industrial remote control.
Interoperability and open principles are critical to making 5G a reality. O-RAN lowers barriers to entry, creating a healthier ecosystem and easing service innovation.
With the proliferation of 5G comes an increase of connections and data. By extension, the security risk landscape changes. VMware technology helps you implement security controls for the virtualization plane and its management and orchestration—from the core and RAN to the edge and cloud.
Read White Paper